- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 120 mins
- Pet Category
- Meal type
- Posted by
- Posted on
- March 15, 2018
- 1 pounds
- chicken breast
You might have heard about the jerky. Do you know making it is not at all a complicated process? With our Delicious Chicken Jerky Treat For Doggie recipe, you will surely make it with ease.
No doubt chicken is high-in-protein, low in fat as well as sodium, which makes it a healthy snack for your pup. It is not surprising that, chicken jerky is irresistible to the pups. Just make it today and get ready to witness a blissful smile of your furry friend.
Did you know this snack is an excellent training dog treat? Your rambunctious pup will happily follow your directions for this healthy treat.
You can store them in the refrigerator for 3 weeks and make sure to keep it in a sealable container.
- Preheat your oven to 170ºF.
- Rinse off chicken breast and remove any excess fat. Pat dry.
- Mix together the soy sauce and peanut butter. This will create a marinade for the jerky.
- Now stir and thin with up to one tablespoon of water to make the paste smooth.
- Make a layer of peanut butter mixture on the chicken and put it in the freezer for about one hour.
- Remove it from the freezer once 1 hour is over and slice the chicken with the grain. Make sure to cut it as thinly as possible.
- Now cover a sheet tray with parchment paper and place the thin slices in a single layer.
- Put the strips in the oven and bake for approximately 2 hours.
- Take it out from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Cut the strips into bite-sized pieces or leave as it is for big mouthfuls of chewiness.