- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- Pet Category
- 6 meals
- Meal type
- Posted by
- Posted on
- February 2, 2018
You could never go wrong with a good homemade chicken stew that will leave your dog feeling warmth and loved in his/her tummy as well as the benefits that comes with such a sumptuous meal!
Chicken is a very versatile protein and packed with great flavors. Hence, this stew will be perfect for those picky eaters who absolutely dislikes vegetables. Combining chicken organs such as hearts and livers will benefit your pup greatly. Remember to remove as much fat such as chicken skin because they require a lean protein diet.
In this recipe, you are more than welcomed to explore other vegetables as long they are cooked thru, as vegetables are much harder for dogs to digest.
- Blend up all cooked vegetables for better digestion.
- Cooking in bone broth would be a great option.
- Add in some rice and turn it into a porridge
- DO NOT feed your dog cooked bones, it is highly dangerous!
- When treating them to a raw bone, always keep them under your watchful eye and ensure the size of their chew is not hazardous.
- Cut chicken into smaller parts, suitable for your pot size and clean it well as you remove the skin.
- Clean and chop vegetables in smaller pieces to allow them to cook thru better. Removing of apple skin is recommended due to food wax that coats it.
- Heat up your pot of water (I prefer cooking it with bone broth) and bring it to a boil as you begin to cook the chicken. Let it simmer till cooked.
- Add in the vegetables and fruits, allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove pot from stove. Extract the chicken meat and discard all the bones. While it is still hot, stir in the 5 beaten eggs and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Separate vegetables and fruits from pot and blend them well before mixing it back in the pot. (Recommended)
- You may add 1 cup of cooked rice/ barley to turn it into porridge!