- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- Pet Category
- 6 meals
- Meal type
- Posted by
- Posted on
- February 4, 2018
If you are a lover of Swedish meat balls, here is a yummy and fun twist for your pup!
This recipe is not just delicious, it is well balanced and a joy to make. You could make them in larger batch and freeze them for those possible busy days to come. Say goodbye to last minute commercial pet food out of guilt with this!
You may use lean ground Beef, Chicken or Turkey for this recipe, just ensure it is cook thru.
I would recommend lightly cooking the vegetables and blending them before mixing with the protein and cooked Quinoa. You may explore other vegetables, but i would recommend to stick to something less moisture dense to avoid the meat balls from falling apart.
- Cook the mix vegetables by steaming or boiling. Once done proceed to blending them.
- Cook 1/2 cup of Quinoa as instructed on the packaging and let it cool.
- Combine the blended vegetables, ground meat, eggs, cooked quinoa. Mix them up well and roll into golf sized balls.
- Brush the oven tray lightly with olive oil and have the meat balls well spread out. Cook the meat balls for about 45 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Once cooked, let them cool before packing in containers for storage. Refrigeration life is up to 5 days. Freezing them could last up to 3 months.