- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- Pet Category
- Meal type
- Posted by
- Posted on
- March 15, 2018
Is your dog a diabetic? If so, then you might be concerned about the foods. Well, there are some that can trigger this condition. Therefore, it becomes important to know, which food will be best for you. It does not mean that your dog is restricted to certain kind of foods.
The thing that comes into play is that you can offer a scrumptious food to your adored pup. This Sweet Potato Diabetic Dog Treats recipe is going to satisfy your pooch’s belly without raising their blood sugar level.
For your information, sweet potatoes contain estrogen that lends a hand in controlling the dog’s insulin metabolism. Rest assured, you would be feeding healthy the food to your lovely furry buddy.
You can keep these treats for one week in the refrigerator.
- Firstly clean the sweet potato thoroughly.
- Now peel it and use a fork to punch holes all over.
- Place it into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it until it gets soft.
- Now let it cool and then place it in a medium container.
- Add sugar-free applesauce and medium-sized eggs into the container and mix them well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together finely minced ginger, plain rolled oats, and whole-wheat flour.
- Pour the mixture into the sweet potato mixture.
- Now stir them together and make sure they are well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 162 ° C.
- Now use the non-stick cooking spray to spray the mini muffin pan.
- Place this pan in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove it and let it cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.
- Serve them to your adored four-legged friend.