- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- Pet Category
- 12 meals
- Meal type
- Posted by
- Posted on
- March 15, 2018
Dogs are undeniably the most faithful, loyal and trustworthy companions. There is no doubt that they deserve the best. So, why not reward them by making something delish. Well, this Tasty Apple Pretzel and Oat Treats for Dogs is going to boost up the love of your pup for you!
Healthy! Scrumptious! This recipe is quick and easy!
The best part is its ingredient, viz, oats, which is not only nutritious but also have anti-inflammatory as well as skin-soothing properties. Being the warming grain, they contain a good amount of protein per calorie.
Make it today and give a delectable treat to your adored furry buddy.
- If your pup is allergic to oats, then replace it with barley flour or coconut flour.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Preheat oven to 177 ° C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Take a bowl and beat egg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine unsweetened applesauce, gluten-free oat flour and rolled oats.
- Now add one tablespoon over the mixture.
- Stir the mixture until a dough forms using a wooden spoon. Make sure the dough is not overly sticky. Add more flour if necessary.
- Now take two tablespoon-sized pieces of dough and roll into a tube. Make sure it is about 10 inches long and about the width of a pencil.
- Take each tube and turn it into a U shape. Just twist the ends together and fold back to the top. It will get the shape of a pretzel. Make sure to pinch the ends.
- Now place the pretzels on the baking tray and brush them with the remaining egg.
- Place it into the oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. They will become crispy and turn slightly browned.
- Now remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool before serving.